Sunday, October 24, 2010

I Love Mr. Sulfa

There are many babies and children in our church. The average age at our parish must be somewhere around 12. This results in lots of sniffling and wiping tears away for me during any given Sunday. As we were leaving church today, I let a few tears stream down. Mr. Sulfa looked at me, concerned. "Church is kind of torturous," I said. Without skipping a beat, he replied, "Stupid babies!" And so we walked towards the car, shaking our fists and giggling.

12 comments:

  1. I took a long break from church when we were still in the trenches. In fact, I think I am now what is referred to as a holiday Catholic and I'm okay with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely relate! I hate to say it, but I dread when our minister asks if there are any "joys"...this sunday alone there were 2 pregnancy announcements and 1 birth...Thankfully Hubby just reaches for my hand and squeezes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In our churth the priest has all of the children come up and gather around as the gospel is read. The dads carry up the babies. It always makes me feel a little sad, especially at Christmas Eve mass. As a Catholic, I went through a very hard time when my IF began. It was difficult for me to sit in church because I was so angry with God. Ive spent hour upon hours thinking about religion in regards to Infertilily and I don't believe God rewards or punishes---period. Realizing that helped me to embrace God again and enjoy Sunday mass. (I still tear up a little from time to time) Mr. Sulfa sounds like a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Mr. Sulfa knowing exactly what to say!
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome :) Of course it sounds like something we might do, so I could be biased.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ::two thumbs up:: I think the Sulfa's ROCK :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! What the perfect response :)
    Thinking of you and hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, sounds like something my hubs would say-perfect!

    ReplyDelete