While I'm certainly still licking my failed IVF wounds, the past week has been filled with family, friends, nurturing, and even some light soul-searching. And it's been good for me. We never realize just how completely treatments consume our lives until they're done, allowing some semblance of normality to return. The 8 o'clock hour no longer seems empty without an injection protocol; listening to, playing, and composing music have filled that void. Crying is no longer a daily ritual; exercise has replaced that part of my routine. Laughter takes the place of heavy discussions. Fancy breakfasts displace early morning doctor appointments. Dramatic and welcomed differences.
From the time we discussed getting married, Mr. Sulfa and I always had a plan. But of course, nothing ever really goes according to plan for us. :) Infertility put a hold on most of that. For much of the time we were undergoing treatments, I just felt stuck. Well, no more! We've decided that even if we can't have children, we're going to put all our effort into accomplishing our other goals. It feels good to mentally move on and work towards something different. Wednesday's final follow-up appointment will help provide closure, too.
But you know what? Our inability to have children is crushing, but it's shown us that life goes on and everything will be okay anyway. We'll work towards bettering ourselves. But it doesn't matter if we never move out of this town, or if we're digging ditches for the rest of our lives, or if none of our goals are realized. As long as I have Mr. Sulfa, we'll be alright. Cliché, but true.

I marvel all the time at how incredibly strong you are.
ReplyDeleteYou, my friend, are one incredible woman with an amazing husband.
((hugs))
Hoping all those goals and dreams come true and that you and Mr. Sulfa enjoy every minute of the journeys to get there.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Dee, Sulfa, you are an incredible woman who is stronger than I could ever be. Good luck with your goals and I hope they all go smoothly for you!
ReplyDeleteSending love and hugs your way, sulfa. We all miss you and think of you! ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteJust when I thought you couldn't possibly get any more awesome than you are, you write something like this. You really are inspiring.
ReplyDeleteinterested in hearing the follow-up from your WTF and also hearing about these other goals! Love and family are the only thing in the world that matters. Glad you've been surrounded by both!
ReplyDeleteOne time after a another failed cycle my husband said to me "at least we have eachother" It's the best thing he's ever said to comfort me! Can't wait to hear the next plan/goals you have in store!
ReplyDeleteSulf, you really are an inspiration...I wish you and your husband all the best.
ReplyDelete