Friday, July 16, 2010

Birth Control FAIL!

On Tuesday night, I started birth control pills in preparation for IVF. As soon as I opened the pack and saw the days-of-the-week stickers, Mr. Sulfa and I broke out into a rousing chorus of "Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday everydaaaaaay (ahhhhhh)." You know that catchy Nuva Ring jingle? We totally danced around, too.

I took a short break from the song and dance long enough to read a big label stuck on one of the packs. Can you guess what it warned against? "Do not take oral contraceptives if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant." *insert rim shot* Well, I laughed. And then I gave my new pill pack a new home in our bathroom closet, on top of a stack of other incomplete packs from previous cycles. Don't ask me why I'm holding onto them.

To take the irony a step further, on Wednesday night, I forgot to take the pill until way late. Day 2 and I'm already a birth control FAIL. Ha. At least we're not worried about unplanned pregnancy. So two hours late, at 10pm, I reached for the pack and was struck by a funny thought:

I wonder what I could get on ebay for five (5) half-used packs of birth control?

Seriously, I should throw them out. Like letting loose the sandbags on a hot air balloon.

2 comments:

  1. I love you Sulfa :) This post is great. It is so completely ironic that we have to take BCP for IVF. I was always terrible at taking mine on time too. Hope they aren't treating you too badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't resist singing along to those commercials. So so so catchy!

    ReplyDelete