Or: I Like My Infertiles Like I Like My Coffee... Strong and Bitter."Severe truth is expressed with some bitterness." -Thoreau
We should not be offended by the word "bitter"; rather, we should wear our bitters like badges. The ugly truth is that yes, some days we are cynical and resentful. Anger is, in fact, one of the stages of grief. And that is essentially what infertiles are experiencing: grieving the idea of a child that will come as easy as everyone else's seems to. Sometimes you gotta just lick your wounds.
Of course the pregnancies of friends and family are joyous occasions. It is possible to be happy for them and sad for ourselves. And I do feel guilty when wincing at the thought of attending a baby shower or child's birthday party. But if our loved ones can be patient with us, we'll come around.
Besides, "bitter" also describes coffee, chocolate, and beer.
So who's with me? Who's joining the Bitter Brigade?
Me! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm strong and bitter! Count me in :)
ReplyDeleteI like coffee, chocolate and beer!
ReplyDeleteI can definately be bitter.. just take a look at the entry I wrote when I found out Casey's Dad's gf is pregnant.. thats bitterness right there.. but like you said, now I am excited about this new baby we will have in our lives.. still wish I was pregnant with my own though..
ReplyDeleteSad and joyous...I know that feeling. I'm with you!!
ReplyDeleteI am in!!! Is there a badge for this? I will display it proudly :)
ReplyDeleteI am with you!
ReplyDeleteThese are a few of my favorite things!
ReplyDeleteChocolate, Coffee and Beer that is!
I can definitely say I have my bouts with the bitters.
ReplyDeleteI am in!
ReplyDeleteright there with all of you, love the blog sulfa
ReplyDelete