I chose the title of this blog from the lyrics of "Defying Gravity", my favorite song from the musical Wicked. It's been my life's soundtrack ever since we saw the musical a couple months ago, and I frequently sing it loudly and unashamed in the car. The words are about looking inside you, taking a leap of faith, and confidently doing what you know is right despite all the limitations others have put on you.It speaks to me because this infertility stuff is scary shit. So much is unknown. But after years of being hopeless, afraid, and playing by the rules, we're going to do things on our terms. We're daring to have hope again. It's time to close my eyes and leap.
Hey Sulfa babe! I LOVE the name of your blog as I to am a fanatic, sing out loud (and totally out of tune) in my car to this soundtrack person too!!
ReplyDeleteDH had to buy it for me after he took me to see the musical the 1st time...we've since seen it 2 more time! And I'd totally see it again!
You know you are in my thoughts and prayers, I don't think I knew EVERYthing you had been through thus far, but I always knew you were one strong lady! <3
<3
ReplyDeletebtw, the blog post you commented on was from 2009. apparently, i'm not really alive ;-P
Love the new diggs.
*hugs*