Thursday, January 6, 2011

Marie Claire Article

The current issue of Marie Claire contains a witty and poignant article by Daniela Petrova, a woman who is considering donor eggs for IVF. She reflects on her donor profile selection process:

"Evolution theory suggests that men are drawn to young girls because they are so fertile. I used to dismiss it as a lame justification that men use to date women half their age. And yet here I am, hunting down young game, calculating women's worth based on age and looks. It's foreign territory, and I'm not entirely comfortable with this kind of predatory mind-set. But I am on my own evolutionary track, salvaging my own motherhood as best I can."

Read the full story here.

3 comments:

  1. Did you read the NYT article by the woman who used donor eggs as well as two surrogates? I thought it was really interesting (she really put everything out there) and I can e-mail it to you if you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, it's a good article, I could relate to a bunch of things she said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great article, Sulfa! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete