Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mr. Sulfa!

It's Mr. Sulfa's birthday! He's on a skiing vacation, courtesy of his brother. (Lucky duck!)

In his honor, here is an entry I wrote about the man I love. Oh, and here is how he made me laugh through the tears, and this is proof that he loves me.

If you're so inclined, leave him birthday wishes in the comments. They'll make him happy upon his return! While you're at it, answer this (since he is fond of asking such questions):

How much would "they" have to pay you to ski for fifteen minutes with only boots (no socks), shorts, and a short-sleeve t-shirt?

21 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mr. Sulfa!!

    A: Depends on the month! Its quite balmy in April, yet the snow is still nice (in Colorado).
    But if we're talking typical ski weather? Not much, to be honest! Maybe $5000 and medical bills of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love reading about other happy couples! As for how much "they" would have to pay me? If it's only for 15 minutes...I would say $500 would do it. The price would go up a lot if it was longer than that. Happy Birthday Mr. Sulfa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, to answer your question - probably a lot because I don't know how to ski, so that's kind of a double danger.

    Happy birthday, Mr. Sulfa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Mr. Sulfa!

    They would have to pay me about $10000 to do this. Being in ski boots without socks sounds really painful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Mr. Sulfa!

    A:15 minutes is a long time w/out the proper gear and I am prone to frost bite, so I'd do it for $8,000 that should cover my medical bills for frost bite and some other bills, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 30?! That's old! Kidding. I'm 30 and it's not as bad as you think ;) Happy Birthday old man :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Mr. Sulfa!

    And to answer his question, quite a bit of money! I'm with MT, I don't know how to ski! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy BIrthday Mr. Sulfa!!!! May all your wishes come true :)

    As to the question- I would do it for $15,000. You would be in much pain, and most likely hurt yourself somehow, so that's for medical bills then to have fun with the rest! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Mr. Sulfa!!

    I can water ski, never have been snow skiing. I don't really like to be cold, so if I couldn't have coats and scarves and gloves...then at least $5000. If it was going to cause injury, then enough to cover the medical bills and let me do some "get-well" shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Mr. Sulfa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Mr. Sulfa!! :)

    They would have to pay me a good amount since I don't know how to ski and I would probably fall a lot! So I'd say at least 10,000

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Mr. Sulfa!

    and I'd go with snowboarding since I cannot ski, but I board... and I will have to say, $10,000.00

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo...I am pretty adventurous. And although I dislike the cold, to be able to be skiing right this second, I'd probably do it in just shorts and a short-sleeve shirt for very little (and I'd surely fall down too, so that is taking into account those icy skid marks). Oh, and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday, Mr. Sulfa!

    As far as skiing goes, it would depend on the temperature and the hill. If it was a beginner slope and it was only 25 degrees, I would do it for $500, for every 5 degrees colder, add $1000.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Mr. Sulfa, and they would have to pay me a whole lot since I have never skied in my life and am a terrible klutz, so it would seriously need to cover the cost of frostbite and probably lost limbs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday, Mr. Sulfa! Like many here, I have never skied in my life and I am a huge clutz, so I would need a large sum of money to even get near skis or anything resembling a downward slope covered in snow. I'll consult my husband the attorney and get back to you with a specific dollar amount. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Mr. Sulfa!

    If skiing on snow is anything like skiing on water, then I am going to need a very large lump sum in unmarked, small bills...and all medical expenses paid since I can break an arm from tripping over air in my hallway (true story).

    Now, how much would "they" have to pay you (Mr. Sulfa) to go skydiving in nothing more than your undershorts and a parachute?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday, Mr. Sulfa!

    Since I suck at skiing, "they" would have to pay me a cool 10K. :-)

    How much would "they" have to pay you to ski in the buff?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday, Monsieur Sulfa!

    QA: Since I see people do it all the time at our local Southern CA resorts, I'd do it for a dollar a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mr. Sulfa says thank you! He'd do the skydiving for free. As for skiing nekkid, if it was cold he says, "There'd be a lot of flopping" (LOL) but he probably wouldn't do it at all.

    ReplyDelete