![]() |
| Saint Anna and the Theotokos |
Today is a major holy day in our church: the Dormition of the Theotokos (or the falling asleep of the Virgin Mary). As a woman struggling to conceive, it is so special to pray to Jesus's mother. She did, after all, conceive against all odds. Plus, she has a special connection with Jesus, so her intercessions are important.
Another saint that is close to my heart is Mary's mother, Anna. She and her husband, Joachim, had been childless for many years. Others taunted Joachim, telling him he was not worthy to offer sacrifices to God since he had no children. The couple was greatly troubled, and they prayed that they may be blessed as Sarah and Abraham were. St. Anna's grief touches me deeply. Certainly she understands. They finally conceived the blessed Theotokos.
How special that tomorrow is our embryo transfer!

I wish you lots of luck with your transfer. This post was a great way to bring religion to an agnostic infertile.
ReplyDeleteI like this very much.
ReplyDeleteI like this alot. I'm a Catholic and actually just bought a St. Gerard Medal to wear as I pray for intercession--he's the patron saint of Expectant Mothers! :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. I made my blog private. Let me know if you'd still like to follow!
:)
ReplyDeleteFraggle, of course I'd like to continue following if that's alright! My email is sulfababy at gmail. Thanks :)
I completey agree with this post. I am a Roman Catholic and the Blessed Mother has always been special to me. Whenever I am feeling distressed I always pray to her. Good luck with the transfer!
ReplyDelete