Friday, August 13, 2010

What What!

Today, I had my egg retrieval. Tired, bloated, and tender, but I'm feeling okay for the most part! I know it only takes one. I know I shouldn't compare my number of eggs to others'. I know I should be happy with our six. But I can't help but be a little disappointed.

For my first retrieval (about a year ago), we got 14 eggs. Five embryos, three that survived and were transferred. Granted, they were frozen (long story) and just did not thaw well. My second retrieval was cancelled for poor response. We are praying that our current six eggs turn into hardcore survivor embryos. We won't get a fertilization report until Sunday; transfer will most likely be Monday.

So! Do you know what this means? Tonight was my first shot of progesterone in oil. It goes in the butt! And you know that we need a theme song for every injection. (The video below is not safe for work!)

7 comments:

  1. yay! good luck, iris! *fingers crossed for you*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's do it in my butt, Okaaaay.
    Here's to six hardcore survivor embryos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sulfa's got a big ole butt hell yeah!

    Lots of love and luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I watched the whole thing!

    Sulfa, 6 eggs is great. I am sure you have a rockstar in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this guy on Tosh.0! It was hilarious! Glad you could put this song to good use! Good luck with your transfer!

    ReplyDelete