Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Meet the Sulf-embabies!

Today was our embryo transfer! Two blastocysts are now on board, hopefully snuggling in. Have some pictures:



Those are our two blasts. Cute, no? And me getting ready for my blood work appointment this morning. The flower tucked behind my ear came from that flower arrangement, sent by my good friend Iowa. They came in an adorable margarita glass! You can also see a bracelet that another good friend, Carrie, sent me; here is a closer picture. It was cool to take symbols of these special relationships we've formed.

After the early morning blood draw, I attended a little church service during which all of you were prayed for. It was such a peaceful start to the day.

Mr. Sulfa and I got to the doctor's office early, and the valium did its magic on me pretty quickly. Eventually, the embryologist called us back to look through binoculars into this really expensive-looking machine. There the blastocysts were! He told us they looked great, and they'll let us know tomorrow if any of the other four are good enough to freeze.

For the transfer, you're supposed to arrive with a full bladder. It makes it easier to see things on the ultrasound and place the embryos just right. When the doctor squeezed ultrasound gel on my abdomen and pressed down with the transducer, I blurted out, "Oh no, I'm gonna pee!" The doctor didn't even skip a beat, "Oh, I'm in a bad position for that!" The speculum and catheter are never fun, but looking at that ultrasound screen is always interesting. Mr. Sulfa held my hand the whole time.

And now, the most important two-week wait of our lives! Thank you all for your kind words, well-wishes, and prayers.

26 comments:

  1. snuggle in tight little ones! Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Sulfa on bringing your embabies home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're adorable and hopefully very very snuggly.
    <3 gl, hon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I hope they're making themselves very comfortable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying that those two cute little embies are snuggling in for the next nine months.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck Sulfa! Hope those embies are snuggling in tight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mighty beautiful babes you got there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck Sulfa! They're very beautiful. I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope they are snuggling nice an tight! Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saying a prayer for you, Mr. Sulfa, and the blastocysts! I am thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just know they are snuggling in. Hugs and prayers. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look great! You will be be in my thoughts the next two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope thosee babes are getting cozy! I'll be thinking about you lots for the next two weeks. Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of thoughts and prayers for you guys!! I hope the embies have snuggled in for the next nine months!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for you tonight and always! I am sending lots of love and thoughts your way! I am rooting for you that THIS IS IT! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!! So excited for you and Mr. Sulf. Cozy up, Embies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just "squee"d out loud and my husband is now giggling, but I'm so excited for you and Mr.!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Sulf I hope this is it for you! Those are the two most beautiful blasts I've every seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are perfect already :) I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They're perfect Sulfa! :) I'll be thinking of you & your embies for the next couple weeks, and sending all the good vibes I've got.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The one on the left looks just like you! Squeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  21. They are beautiful! Snuggle in tight LOs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Snuggle in, Sulfa embies!

    ReplyDelete